Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weblog Journal #4

Jerusalem Project 2011

So far I have been impressed with the Jerusalem project, and how it is carried out through an academic class. I feel that Jerusalem is an important city that represents the many controversies of this region of the world. I think that having a project such as this one is great to get awareness and information out there. I think bringing the project to universities is the most productive way to share the knowledge. I like how this class is multi-media, multi-media keeps the class interesting and forces you to learns through different medias. I think the Jerusalem Project in general should continue being multi-media in order to stay successful. Incorporating articles, books, lectures, video conferences, movies, events are all great ways to keep the project alive.

I have enjoyed the video conferences the most through this class. This is something I have never done in any other class, but I think it is highly effective. Because we are dealing with a foreign city, it is important to gather information from primary sources. I really enjoyed having the video conference with Naomi Chazan because she was actually in Jerusalem, the focus of our study. The Jerusalem Project is great to me, so keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment