Monday, October 31, 2011

Weblog Journal #6

I feel like I do not have that much to say about music, because it really isn't a huge part of my life. I like listening to music, but I rarely do during the school year because I have limited free time. I know that I like music in general, but I don't have a deep connection with it. I have absolutely no musical talent: I can't sing, read music, or play an instrument. It has just never been a part of my life, but there are times when I really like a song because it is inspirational, uplifting, or motivating.

I rarely listen to music this year, which is sad because I used to all the time. The only times I listen to music is when I am exercising on my own, or at my job. I use music to choreograph exercise routines to beats of a song. Learning to count beats in a song was the biggest challenge to me, sometimes I still can't hear it! This is just one example of how musically challenged I am.

But I see how important music is in everyday life, and how it is a huge aspect of other's lifestyles. Music is a way to escape and relax. Or it is a way to spread a message and speak your mind. I think music has the possibility of playing a huge role in conflict. The majority of the world likes music, so it is a great way to connect people to each other because they have something in common, even if it takes different forms. I have heard the Palestinian raps about the occupation and I really enjoy them. I think it is an alternate form of propaganda that has a bigger impact on people because it is through music.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that music is an affective way to connect people to each other. Music is a language that all people understand.

    ReplyDelete